WALK IN INTERVIEW FOR RECRUITMENT OF THE FOLLOWING CONTRACTUAL STAFF
ON FIXED REMUNERATION IN MULTI DISCIPLINARY RESEARCH UNIT-SMIMER
S.No Name of
Qualifications & Experience Number
Fixed salary /
Minimum of 3
use of Real Time
PCR, ELISA ,
GCMS & other
TENURE OF THE POST
The above posts are temporary in nature and will be filled up purely on contractual basis with initial
appointment for eleven months as per the rules and regulations of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
and Department of Health Research (DHR). This employment is temporary for a fixed term and shall
automatically cease on expiry of the term without issuing any notice unless it is renewed or reemployment
letter is issued.
1) The vacancies mentioned are as per the sanctioning of ICMR/DHR for Multi Disciplinary Unit (MRU).
2) Those candidates who are employed in Central Govt./State Govt./Union Territories/Statutory Bodies/
Research Organizations etc., should send their application along with N.O.C through proper channel.
However, they may send an advance copy of their application along with requisite certificate and
testimonials so as to reach this office on or before the scheduled date of closure of applications.
3) The application should be submitted in a prescribed format and the application that is not submitted in
the prescribed format will not be considered.
4) Incomplete/ unsigned application and applications received without photograph, self attested copies of
required documents/certificate such as educational qualifications, experience, age, etc. and those
received after the prescribed last date of receipt of application will be summarily rejected without any
communication to the applicant.
5) The institute will not be responsible for any delay/late delivery of the application by the postal
6) SMC/SMIMER reserves all the rights for interpretation of any terms and conditions, or any
query/questions arise in this context and the decision of Municipal Commissioner, Surat Municipal
Corporation (SMC), Surat will be final in all the respects. Area of jurisdiction is Surat only.
SERVICE RELATED CONDITIONS:
Recruitment on contractual basis on contractual fixed pay of above mentioned posts is as per the guidelines of
ICMR/DHR and provisions sanctioned by the competent authority of Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC), Surat.
The conditions are:
1) The candidate so employed for the purpose will be initially appointed for a period of one (01) year; can
be reconsidered for reemployment as per the conditions prevail at that time like sanctioning of budget
by ICMR/DHR etc. The reemployment will be done only if the performance of the candidate is
2) The candidate appointed shall work as per the work/duty assigned by the Nodal Officer, MRU.
3) The selected candidates should produce willingness certificate/acceptance certificate for all the
terms and conditions issued at the time of appointment and should enter the contractual agreement in
4) Selected candidates so appointed purely on contractual basis will not be entitled for any other
Financial/Non financial benefit/facilities, or any special allowances except fixed consolidated
emoluments as per the ICMR/DHR rules and regulations for establishment MRU.
5) Candidate so selected on contractual basis will not be considered as regular employee of the Surat
Municipal Corporation (SMC), Surat and will not be entitled for any service benefits in this regards.
6) The service of candidate so appointed on contractual basis, will not be considered as a continuous
service at the time of applying/appointment of any other post(s) of SMC, Surat
7) If the services of the appointed candidate are not found to be satisfactory and/or if the services are not
regular, the appointed candidate will be relieved from the appointed post before the expiry of the
contractual period without any due notice in this regard.
8) If any appointed candidate remains on leave for continuous seven (07) days without prior permission
of the competent authorities, he/she will be relieved automatically.
9) If the candidate so appointed on contractual basis, intends to terminate the contract should do so by
giving seven (07) days prior notice.
10)Central or state government taxation (as applicable) and will be deducted at source from the fixed
consolidated emoluments of candidates
Note: The date of interview and names of shortlisted candidates shall be intimated separately. No intimation
will be sent to candidates who are not shortlisted.
form download click here